The date is set and planning is in progress! To make this event a success, we are currently looking for volunteers – 56 to be exact. The casino will take place on June 24 and 25th and we are looking to fill spots as soon as possible. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
We are giving the centre a facelift one hallway at a time. If you can volunteer, please call and leave a message at the centre or come out on the weekends of Jan 6-7 or 13-14.
List as promised in no particular order: Continue reading
Been a nice couple months since my last letter. We man- aged to get most of our garden in here and at our farm. Having help from co-workers and family sure helps this happen easier.
I was driving to an appointment today from our store in Forest Lawn/ Dover and pulled behind a trailer from Greater Forest Lawn Senior Citizens Society. It was for their Snow and Mow program and thought it was a great idea for our community. I would like to hear from you about your thoughts. I know many of us already help neighbours as we can, but if you know someone who could use a hand or would be willing to help those in need. If we have a good response on both sides we could use some folks to step up and help coordinate as well. Let me know your thoughts!
The Calgary Police Service offers the following tips to help protect your property:
Home and garage break-in prevention
- • Keep your doors locked, even when you’re home. Ensure your garage doors and windows are also closed and locked.
- • Install exterior motion lights to brighten dark areas around doors or windows, to make them easily seen by neighbours and passersby.
- • Lock all garage doors, including the one between an attached garage and the house.
- • Always close and lock any windows that could be used to gain access to your home while you’re away or sleeping, even on hot summer nights.
- • Store important or irreplaceable documents and items away from your home, such is in a safety deposit box.
- • If you see homes with open doors, front doors with keys left in the locks or a neighbour’s car with the trunk left open, give them a quick call to let them know.
- • Consider installing home and vehicle alarm systems and vehicle anti-theft devices.
Our Casino event in March was a huge success because of the involvement of our community donors locally and a little further away – please say thank-you back by visiting these great community businesses… (in order that they showed on the poster) Continue reading