8Th Annual Clean Up & Waste Disposal
When: Sept 9, 2017
Where: DRCA- Ph: 403-278-3117
2223-146 Ave. SE
Hosted by: Deer Run Community Association
Calgary Waste & Recycling
Calgary Community Standards
Items Accepted: Household and Construction waste, Propane tanks, Metal, Electronics, BBQ’s, Bikes, Car Batteries (only).
Separate Truck for organics and other yard waste
Items not Accepted: Tires, Household Chemicals, Liquids, Oils, Paints, Freon Appliances, and Glass
COMMERCIAL WASTE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Volunteers are a must for this to run smooth so we can repeat this again next year. Please call the center to volunteer.
Purchase of your DRCA membership is appreciated and helps support events like this one.
Thanks to all the Grade 8 Leadership club and the Jr. Grade 5-6 team for all the planning and fundraising. This year’s teaching point for our club was fundraising. They all didn’t want to do it but by the time 1 hour rolled by, 3 girls raised $1200+ cash from our awesome community donors. “Here – let me do this one” was the last few comments I remember hearing. A total of $1900 in donated gifts and services was raised – PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS (click the pic for bigger view – a local red logo’ed bank was not allowed to post online)
135 kids and just as many parents came for an Egg Hunt, carnival games, crafts and concession. A few key adults Jana, Mike B, Cherise and Sue pulled this together. MANY THANKS. What a great community.
Click to download a copy for your review prior to the meeting on Nov 16th at 7pm at the D.R.C.A.
List as promised in no particular order: Continue reading
The Calgary Police Service offers the following tips to help protect your property:
Home and garage break-in prevention
- • Keep your doors locked, even when you’re home. Ensure your garage doors and windows are also closed and locked.
- • Install exterior motion lights to brighten dark areas around doors or windows, to make them easily seen by neighbours and passersby.
- • Lock all garage doors, including the one between an attached garage and the house.
- • Always close and lock any windows that could be used to gain access to your home while you’re away or sleeping, even on hot summer nights.
- • Store important or irreplaceable documents and items away from your home, such is in a safety deposit box.
- • If you see homes with open doors, front doors with keys left in the locks or a neighbour’s car with the trunk left open, give them a quick call to let them know.
- • Consider installing home and vehicle alarm systems and vehicle anti-theft devices.