Thanks to all the Grade 8 Leadership club and the Jr. Grade 5-6 team for all the planning and fundraising. This year’s teaching point for our club was fundraising. They all didn’t want to do it but by the time 1 hour rolled by, 3 girls raised $1200+ cash from our awesome community donors. “Here – let me do this one” was the last few comments I remember hearing. A total of $1900 in donated gifts and services was raised – PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS (click the pic for bigger view – a local red logo’ed bank was not allowed to post online)
135 kids and just as many parents came for an Egg Hunt, carnival games, crafts and concession. A few key adults Jana, Mike B, Cherise and Sue pulled this together. MANY THANKS. What a great community.
Click to download a copy for your review prior to the meeting on Nov 16th at 7pm at the D.R.C.A.
List as promised in no particular order: Continue reading
Been a nice couple months since my last letter. We man- aged to get most of our garden in here and at our farm. Having help from co-workers and family sure helps this happen easier.
I was driving to an appointment today from our store in Forest Lawn/ Dover and pulled behind a trailer from Greater Forest Lawn Senior Citizens Society. It was for their Snow and Mow program and thought it was a great idea for our community. I would like to hear from you about your thoughts. I know many of us already help neighbours as we can, but if you know someone who could use a hand or would be willing to help those in need. If we have a good response on both sides we could use some folks to step up and help coordinate as well. Let me know your thoughts!
The Calgary Police Service offers the following tips to help protect your property:
Home and garage break-in prevention
- • Keep your doors locked, even when you’re home. Ensure your garage doors and windows are also closed and locked.
- • Install exterior motion lights to brighten dark areas around doors or windows, to make them easily seen by neighbours and passersby.
- • Lock all garage doors, including the one between an attached garage and the house.
- • Always close and lock any windows that could be used to gain access to your home while you’re away or sleeping, even on hot summer nights.
- • Store important or irreplaceable documents and items away from your home, such is in a safety deposit box.
- • If you see homes with open doors, front doors with keys left in the locks or a neighbour’s car with the trunk left open, give them a quick call to let them know.
- • Consider installing home and vehicle alarm systems and vehicle anti-theft devices.